Since I'm going to be using my Yamaha P125 as my primary (for I don't know how long) while my N1X is in storage, I decided to dress it up a bit with a new stand and triple pedal unit from Yamaha. Unfortunately, when I set it up I realized that the pedal was uncomfortably close to my foot. It felt too confined and would have been painful to play for any protracted period of time. I thought about different ways to modify the pedal unit and finally settled on some scrap wood I had laying around.
Using the hardware that came with the pedal unit I attached 2x2's where the legs would normally mount.
Then I capped them off with some 1" pieces.
Then I stained (leftover ebony) and tapped them for the M6 bolts that I had to buy (cost a couple dollars).
Finally mounted with more room for my leg. Much more comfortable.
I'm very happy with the modification. The piano can't sit flush against a wall anymore and would have to stick out a few inches, but I think that's ideal anyways. I'm taking a trip to Oregon next week to drop this piano off in my new office. It looks a lot better than the Z stand I was using.