The boards made for testing showed that they work. They work in the sense that the circuit performs its function. Sensors work, signals come. Observation with an oscilloscope showed that some signal distortion does not seem to interfere with normal operation. But I have not yet installed the boards over the hammers in order to understand HOW these boards work qualitatively. But nevertheless, I decided to manufacture the entire set of boards for the entire instrument.
In the fall, I spent a lot of time arranging the parts on the board in such a way that the automatic routing could complete. But I still didn't like the result. All the same, several dozen connections remained under-routed. And there were many deformities in the paths of the tracks.
Then my work began. I work as an accompanist at a music school and accompany students on the piano who are learning to play the saxophone, oboe and percussion instruments. This reduces free time and energy for enthusiasm and study + the body has become more lazy after the covid period. (we are gradually coming back from this and getting stronger)
After the new year, I redid the boards and made all the connections by hand. It also took a couple of weeks. Then I expected some sub-accumulation of funds in order to place an order for the manufacture of boards. About a week ago I tried to order production and ran into some difficulties. I chose to make in Taiwan as the cheapest. In Russia, you can order production from local manufacturers, but it comes out 5-20 times more expensive + there is no convenient editor from which you can immediately start production. Production here, apparently, is focused on large batches and the production of small series of boards is extremely unprofitable (+ fuss with documents is very difficult for me).
First of all, the difficulty turned out to be that it was impossible to pay for the order from Russia and produce boards with surface mounting of electronic components. America simply forbade Taiwan from doing so.
But, nevertheless, I tried to order and the manufacturer did not yet have the required number of qre1113 sensors for production (this is still the second difficulty). While the process is waiting for the sensors to arrive at the warehouse. I expect that in a month and a half everything will happen!
If everything works more or less, then I will try to post a description of this project.
And so, attention still goes to learning C++ programming, learning how Git, Сmake, Qt, Openframeworks work, and Linux features. During this period, it was very interesting to program the barometer on the ESP32 with a small screen and output information to the home network. It was interesting to make a ws2812b LED lamp. It was interesting to start programming the synthesizer on physical simulation. It was interesting to start programming the Fourier wavelet analyzer. It was interesting to parse Pomodoro timer data and display charts on the screen of an Android phone. Well, you need to sleep well))))
It all eats up a hell of a lot of time.
So it goes...