David back with another question. I think this forum of musicians is the best place to post this.
My MP3 player is beginning to show its age. And, before you scream "why not use your iPhone?" I'd like to say that although the phone does work to carry music on the go, its battery life, the fact I need a dongle in order to have a 3.5MM headphone jack, and the fact it can do too many things makes me prefer a dedicated music player for all my music on the go.
I'm looking for a player with the following needs:
1. Has a built-in (32GB or more) memory, expandable through SD cards and the like;
2. Has good battery life (more than 20 hours minimum);
3. All-button simple interface, Android-powered players are out of the question;
4. Can support at least MP3 and FLAC formats (FLAC is a must);
5. Has a wired connection, either 3.5MM or 2.5MM port for headphone connection.
Optionally, players with talking menu items can be considered, but I've looked at the choices and the battery life is not very good, only about 15 hours or less.
Thanks for any hits / searches!