unfortunately I have to report a problem with the Garritan CFX, that starts to become unbearable. First off, this problem does NOT occur for my other vst's, which is important to know. My CFX is parked on a pretty expensive nvme2 ssd, and the disk program says the ssd is fine. (maybe I should add that I recently made a 3 hour long memory test in the bios that the RAM is also without error!)
I can play without pops and cracks down up to 8 samples of delay on my PC. However, independent of that setting, the problem is that some notes feel like their audio is slightly delayed - it's not a lag for all notes, it's like with a chord I play in my right hand that it's random in which order they arrived my ear, although with other vst's it sounds like a proper chord, all at once.
Another description is that when I play a scale in my right hand or a melody, the second or third note might be "on point" but the fourth note has that slight, almost unnoticeable delay, so that I get confused because the sound arrives my ears later and then I try to compensate that by playing the fifth note earlier, which completely messes up my brain and the whole rhythm of everything. It's honestly pretty much unplayable like that. The mean thing is that that delay is so small, that I can't really pin down what exactly goes wrong, but when I play a chord with Garritan and VSL in comparison, it's extremely noticeable that yes, vsl outputs me a chord as a chord should sound, and Garritan outputs it delayed "ding-ding-ding" instead of "ding".
All these problems are also not consistent! So when I sit down and play a chord, it might be just fine, but within a piece suddenly it might work or not.
Then I noticed the problem seems much less with the compact versions, for some reason, but even there, after a while of playing, I get this problem. Then at some point I thought I found the solution but turning the reverb and sympathetic resonance and added sustain down, which also seemed to work, but I'm not sure what the correct correlation is! I've hesitated to write but it's been months since I try to solve this! I even tried to program the gui.xml thing file to add more pre cache settings options (up to 214kb lol) and choose them but no….